Thursday, August 5, 2010

So Much Going On...

We've had a lot going on recently. We are getting ready to move into our new apartment on August 18, and Amy has already moved out and into her new place. It's made us realize that we need to start working on packing up our own stuff so that the move is a little less stressful. It stinks that you have to pack up everything as if you were moving across town just to move within our same apartment complex, but at least it makes it easier to make smaller, more manageable trips. Seeing as I can't carry that much, my jobs will be helping pack boxes and cleaning the apartment. I get out of all the heavy furniture lifting :). We also just got back from a trip to South Carolina over a long weekend. I was so happy that I got to see some friends from college. Our first night down there we got to see Kyle, Ashley, and their daughter Skylar. It was so great getting to meet Skylar. She is such a pretty baby, and her eyes are so active watching people and just soaking everything in. After Skylar went to bed, we got the chance to catch up with Kyle and Ashley on what is going on with their lives. We also got a chance to hang out with my other best friends Jessica and Monica in Greenville. It almost makes me miss the college days a little when I got to see all of them every day and just walk into their bedrooms in our apartment to chit chat.

In baby news, we got our stroller last weekend! We haven't had a chance to put it together due to the move and space constraints at the moment, but I'm excited to give in a test drive in the next month or so. Here's a picture of it:


It's really nice, because it is both a travel system stroller and you can lock out the front wheel so that it is a jogging stroller as well. This way we don't have to purchase a bunch of different strollers. I am also pretty much done with our baby registry. Some people have been asking us if we have one, so I thought I would post here that we are registered at Babies R Us, and you can find ours under either Sarah Nichols or Jonathan Nichols. I'm sure I'll tweak it a bit as we come closer to the end of these 9 months, but most items should be on there. Here's the link: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255957

I haven't done a survey in a while, so I thought it would be fun to do one this time.

How far along: 26 weeks and 1 day
Maternity clothes: Wearing them every day and looking forward to having a little bit more variety in wardrobe again after pregnancy.
Best moment this week: We were flying down to South Carolina, and he spent about 1 1/2 hours kicking hard while on the plane. He must not like the pressure change. It was also fun to share the whole pregnancy experience with all my best friends while down South on our trip!
Cravings: Arnold Palmers (Ice Tea and Lemonade)
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: None. Just the aches and pains of stretching out.
Belly Button in our out? In but weird looking. Jonathan said when I was laying down the other day and laughed, it popped out a little.
What I miss: I miss sleeping on my stomach and back. Getting used to sleeping on your side when you're not normally a side sleeper takes a lot longer than I would have thought.
Weekly Wisdom: Traveling and summer heat makes for some really swollen feet.
Milestones: I can feel his little body inside my stomach. It's weird to touch a spot on your stomach and know for certain you are touching the body of a living person. I learned from my mother-in-law that the hardest spot when you touch your stomach is his butt.

I'll try to get some pictures together for the next post.

1 comment:

  1. how much fun! I'm glad you had a great trip and flying went well for you. I hope one day I'll get to visit you too! I'd love to see you and you're beautiful baby boy :-) Take care and put those feet up!!

    ReplyDelete