Thursday, October 7, 2010

Twin Day at Work

I don't know if I've mentioned this in past blogs, but one of my coworkers, Lindsay, is pregnant as well. Her due date is 8 days after mine, so it's anybody's guess who will go into labor first. When Lindsay and I found out we were pregnant, our offices were right across from each other, but now we work out of different precincts. Anyway, both of us have gotten quite a few items from Gap Maternity along the way. We have been really lucky about not showing up for work in the same outfit for the past 8 months, but today was the day we thought may happen eventually...twin day! I had that uh-oh moment when I walked in and saw her, but I have to say I laughed pretty hard when I saw this picture. People already comment on how funny we look walking next to each other and how they don't want to drink the same water as us, but we have really gotten a few looks today :). This picture marks 35 weeks, 1 day for me and 34 weeks for Lindsay. It's been really fun having someone you see most every day as your pregnant buddy.

As for nursery updates, in Jonathan's post a few days ago he put up a picture of a weiner dog lamp that we purchased, and it came in the mail today! I wasn't expecting it to be quite as big as it is, but it's actually a little bit bigger than Izzy...haha.

I'm so excited to be having a baby shower this Saturday, and I can't wait to get together with everybody!! Things are progressing along as we get all of the necessities together and get ourselves prepared around the apartment. We officially put our first meal in the freezer a few days ago and are planning to do a few more so that we can have good homecooked meals even when we're too tired to cook.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny, Sarah! You both look great-- remind me not to drink the water though... And, I love the lamp! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA - that is sooooo funny! That's awesome you have a preggo buddy at work to share things with :) Glad things are coming together - hope you get a lot of awesome gifts at the shower... wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete