Sunday, December 19, 2010

5 Week Update

I was meaning to do a post at the one month mark, but it never got done. So, I will do the 5 week update :). Time is really flying, and I can't believe Jack is 5 weeks old today. It is so amazing to see how much he has developed in such a short period of time and really developed a personality. Since coming home he has been an amazing sleeper. He sleeps for at least 4.5-5 hours once we put him down, but last night he made it 7 hours. We have been completely blessed that he does not wake up every two hours like I know some babies do. During the day he still naps a lot, but he spends significantly more time awake than he used to. I have to say, though, he can be a little bit of a fussy baby. I think he's plagued with a bit of colic, because he is a gassy guy that will tell you he's not happy. I was home alone with Jack one night while Jonathan was at work, and I sent Jonathan this picture. It looks like he's going to burst a blood vessel...lol. Poor Izzy must ask herself every day who this new loud person is and how long he's staying :). Izzy hides out under the covers usually when Jack is screaming.

Luckily Jack doesn't spend all of his time screaming, and we get to enjoy how truly adorable he is when he's just lounging around the apartment. He follows things with his eyes a lot more now, and he will watch me walk around the room. Here he is on the couch watching me clean the living room up:


He also loves to watch tv, and I'm assuming it's because of all the flashing lights. Here he is watching tv with Jonathan:


This week we were also so excited to see Jack's first voluntary smile. He practices smiling in his sleep a lot and will accidentally smile at times, but this is the first time that he would smile in reaction to something. I was talking to him while he was in the swing, and he kept smiling at me. Jonathan came in and started talking to him holding the camera up. It took us a few times to catch it on camera, but we got it. His cute face makes my heart melt.


I can't help but share one last photo, because it's just too cute! Jack is actually a lover of bath time, and he is one happy baby during and after baths. Here's his cute self being dried off:


I realized how fast the time goes and how quickly babies grow when I visited a friend who just had a baby a few days ago. Her baby was only an ounce heavier than Jack when he was born. We went to go visit, and her baby was sooo tiny. I couldn't believe that was how small Jack was a mere month ago. He looked huge next to such a new baby. I guess just seeing him everyday, I don't realize how big he's getting. It was good confirmation that he is definitely eating enough.

Oh, and one last thing is that our poor Jack is experiencing some male pattern baldness. In earlier pictures of him he was actually born with a full head of hair. Though thin and blonde, he did have hair. Now he has lost the hair on the top of his head, but it has stayed put in a horseshoe pattern so far everywhere else. I read it's normal and we can expect he will have his hair again by the 6 month mark. I keep getting blinding glares off the top of his head when I use the flash...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment