Saturday, October 8, 2011

No Rest for the Weary

Each night I go to bed knowing that I have to get my rest for the following day, because this is what I do all day long...chase down the little billy goat that will not give up on the stairs. When we make eye contact, he laughs and takes off up the stairs so I can chase him. The plus to all this stair time is that he has figured out how to come down the stairs as well (feet first on his stomach). We still have to watch him carefully, though, because he also likes to come down face first every once in a while. I know you may be thinking 'why not just get a baby gate,' but it's a super wide staircase to find a gate for, and he loves the stairs!


I also spend a good portion of the day cleaning up this mess. Jack loves going into the cabinets, so we put child locks on most of them. We left this one open so that he had something to hunt in. Once he loses interest and crawls away, I clean it up. However, I don't think he wants it put away since he comes right back to mess it up again for fun.


My dad was in town last weekend for a business trip and stayed over for two nights. He and Jack had some fun at the mall's coy pond.


While at the mall we were looking at fall clothing for Jack. I couldn't help myself looking at all the cute kids' Halloween costumes :)


Jack and I were at the grocery store earlier this week, and they were handing out balloons for the kids. Thank goodness for this balloon, because it kept him occupied for our whole grocery trip. Usually I'm trying to keep him from trying to climb out of the cart or grabbing produce.


On occasion we are looking for new fun things to add to the nursery. I found these cute subliminal message pictures online, and then made a trip to Ikea with Jack where I found the perfect frames. This was a fun little DIY project that's hanging over his crib now. I was hoping Jack would get the hint about what we expect from him...jk :)


We had our first rainy, chilly day here in California in a while, and I was sooo excited. It made it feel like it's actually fall instead of forever summer. Jack and I got into our snuggly/comfy clothes, and Jack looked so cute all bundled up.

Today we took a family trip to the beach, and it was the perfect day. Low 70s and sunny with a nice breeze off the ocean...it doesn't get much better. Jack enjoyed some time at the park right on the beach. He is a true lover of sand!







Jack and I braved the chaos of the older kids playing and crawled through one of the tubes on the playground, and we went down the slide.


Developmentally, Jack will walk with us holding just one of this hands now on a consistent basis. The other day my hand slipped out of his, and his momentum carried him forward for 2 steps on his own before he sat down and cried. So he's still a little apprehensive about the independent walking. His favorite finger food is the HappyBellies cheddar/carrot puffs that look like mini Cheetos and taste a little bit like the blander version of Cheetos. He loves to empty any drawer he can get to, especially the lower drawers in the bathrooms. And if you give him the opportunity, he darts for the toilet paper roll and tries to pull all of the toilet paper off and tear it into pieces. Oh, and he likes to play tug-of-war with Izzy's rope, but Izzy still does not want to play with him as much as he wants to play with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment