Friday, July 13, 2012

23 Week Update

As mentioned in last night's blog, here's an update on what's going on with our newest addition.  I am 23 weeks today:


We had a second mid-point ultrasound on July 5th since they had difficulty getting all the details of the heart in our first one due to coming in at the very beginning of the range they gave me for the ultrasound.  They also mentioned in the 18 week ultrasound that one of the ventricles in the brain was on the high end of normal so they wanted to take another look at it 4 weeks later.  Everything looked perfect, so it made me want to kick the doctor for even mentioning it.  I spent 4 weeks worrying and Googling (which everyone knows is a mistake) for it all to turn out fine.  I see a high risk doctor for my ultrasounds since my pregnancy with Jack was high risk at the end and he was delivered in a high risk unit.  I also have marginal placenta previa this pregnancy, which makes me higher risk right now.  Basically, high risk doctors are more cautious in their analysis of ultrasounds than others.  We go back at my 30 week mark to re-look at the marginal previa, but it has already moved up a little bit so I feel confident it will be resolved by then.  I'll be excited to get more ultrasound pictures that late in the pregnancy, because we never had one past 21 weeks with Jack.  In the meantime, though, I'm on light duty meaning no working out or heavy housework that will get my heart rate up.  As most people know, it is hard not to get some sort of a workout with a toddler in house, so I do my best.  Here is our most up to date ultrasound picture of baby number 2 at 21 weeks, 6 days:


We purchased the baby's crib last night, and we put it together in the garage just to get a look at it and make sure all the pieces were there.  We'll probably take it apart and wrap it up and get it back out in another 3 months or so.


I told Jonathan we have to take it apart, because people will see the crib in the garage when it's open and think we put Jack out there when he's naughty or something :).  


I have felt the first nesting urges, so I was cleaning out the closet in Jack's room yesterday figuring out what we have for the new baby and what we can get rid of.  I was trying to get the closet organized so we have the most room for two kids' belongings.  I also bought decorative desk storage for our open-faced desk and shelving so it looks organized and cords are organized better.  I also started reorganizing baby plates and utensils in the kitchen and planning for how to organize the new baby's items once he starts eating solids and drinking from sippy cups.  The past few days I've also been looking into freezer cooking meals to start planning for some large scale meal making closer to the end of pregnancy.


I did a survey throughout my pregnancy with Jack, so I decided it might be fun to do something similar this time around... 


How far along: 23 weeks
Sleep: I've been sleeping well, but I have really vivid dreams.  I've had a lot about Izzy dying lately and me feeling bad I didn't love her enough or pay enough attention to her.  It's probably because I feel bad that she will be number 3 now with even less attention when we used to treat her like our baby before Jack.
Best moment this week: I saw my stomach jumping around this morning during some hard kicks.  Also, for the past 2-3 weeks Jack pulls up his shirt to show his stomach and makes me show mine.  He then presses his stomach against mine...so weird and funny!
Movement: Strongest in the morning and later in the evening.  There are some super active days and others where I only feel him sporadically while sitting quietly.  
Cravings: Cheerios with whole milk,which I try really hard not to eat a lot of. I've also really wanted watermelon.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: None.
What I miss: Taking long walks around our neighborhood lake since I can't workout.
What I'm looking forward to: Jack being able to feel the baby kick.  I can't get him to pay attention long enough and the baby to kick often enough for Jack to feel it yet.
Weekly Wisdom: Preparing for a second baby is so much more relaxing than the first.  With Jack we were handed this huge list of things we "needed" by Babies R Us, and we felt totally overwhelmed to get everything ready.  This time around, especially having another boy, we really don't need too much besides a crib and double stroller.  I have been slowly looking through the things we had for Jack Newborn to 4 months and could actually stand to throw a few things out that were never necessary.

And to conclude this blog, another picture of our adorable first born who will be 20 months old tomorrow!
They get so big so fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment