Thursday, January 24, 2013

2-Month Update

Owen is 2 months old as of this past Sunday, and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.  Here's a picture in the same spot as last month:

He just had his 2-month well child check-up this afternoon, and here are the stats compared to 2- weeks:

2-week check-up (December 6, 2012)
Weight- 8 lbs., 10 oz.
Height- 21 inches
**I want to say his head was 39 or 39.5 cm last time, but I can't remember and don't have it written down

2-month check-up (January 24, 2013)
Weight- 12 lbs., 4 oz.
Height- 24.25 inches
Head Circumference- 40.5 cm (approx. 16 inches)

At this same age, Jack was 10 lbs, 14 oz., so little brother may have size on his side in the future ;).

He was all cute and happy during his appointment until the dreaded conclusion of shots.  It kills me when they destroy a good mood where he's "talking" to the nurse and smiling away :(.
As far as development goes, Owen is able to hold his head up pretty well.  He's still a little wobbly, but it's getting much better.  He's always chit-chatting when he's awake.  He talks so loud in the morning when he first gets up that I can't believe he doesn't wake Jack up.  He started smiling around 4 weeks and 2 or 3 days old, and he loves to smile at us to get our attention across the room or when we give him individualized attention.  He is always sucking on his hands and biting his fingers, but no thumb sucking or pacifier.  And right now he is trying really hard to laugh.  He gets into a rhythm where you think he might, but then it just turns into an excited cough.  Here he is holding his head up to see his dad:
I'm really enjoying being a family of four, and we are really getting into our groove.  We spend a lot of time playing at the house, taking walks, going to the park, etc.  Jack is always a busy little beaver around the house, and he's constantly jumping from one activity to the next.  When he's not in his tent, he loves to read to himself.  His vocabulary and number recognition is exploding!  It's kind of shocking how quickly he suddenly started talking in mini sentences and identifies numbers everywhere we go.
Owen is much more alert now, and he's awake a good portion of the day.  He loves being outside and looking up at the sky.
It has gotten a little bit chillier here.  It's definitely not the weather many across the country are dealing with, but it's cold enough that I could get the cute winter hats out for Owen!
Our next big goal in the house it to start the potty training process.  I have to be honest and say that I am dreading it, but I know the end result is wonderful and necessary to fit into society.  I figured we would start out REALLY slow and just have the potty around so we could talk about it and get him used to it.  I also got a story from the library about potty training that Jack really likes.
He actually sat on it bottomless watching Team Umizoomi for 45-50 minutes this week, but he never peed.  The kid is a camel!  I gave him 2 cups of water, and he just sat there the whole time watching tv but didn't pee.  I was sure he would accidentally go, and then we could be really excited about it and have a good kick off to the potty.  Oh well!

The last thing I wanted to share is from my wonderful, thoughtful husband.  For Christmas he got me, hands down, the best gift I have ever gotten.  He got me a necklace that has two little charms that have Jackson and Owen's finger prints on them.  It's hard to see in the picture, but he took impressions of their finger prints and sent them to a woman who is able to chemically put them onto little charms (that's my basic understanding of the process).
 Then on the front of the charm is each of their names and ages when the finger prints were taken.
It's a special gift from the best husband I could ask for :).

No comments:

Post a Comment