Tuesday, March 26, 2013

4-Month Update and Enjoying the Great Weather

My blog updates have become monthly instead of being more spontaneous like in the past.  Well, Owen turned 4-months old last Wednesday.  I'm loving these monthly pictures, because I feel like they really show how much he is changing.  This month he didn't continuously slide down in the chair onto his back.  He was able to hold himself in a seated position.  
Owen had his 4-month wellness visit this past Monday, and the stats are in:

4-month check-up (Monday March 25, 2013)
Weight- 15 lbs., 4 oz. (65th percentile)
Height- 25.5 inches (75th percentile)
Head- 45.2 cm/17.8 inches (topping the charts)

2-month check-up (January 24, 2013)
Weight- 12 lbs., 4 oz.
Height- 24.25 inches
Head- 40.5 cm/~16 inches

He has grown A LOT in the past 2 months!  Here he is waiting on the doctor...such a handsome little man:
Recently I purchased the Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit for Owen.  I was swaddling him, and he was starting to break out of the swaddle while rolling around and getting a little bit tangled up in it.  He was also waking himself up more often, especially as he fell asleep, with the involuntary twitches that babies often have.  I would set him down to sleep, and his arms would swing and wake him up.  This suit helps to minimize those twitches to help them fall asleep and stay asleep.  It is also thick to act as a blanket.  It has actually helped his sleep quite a bit.  He went from sleeping 8-9 hours per night with two wakings to 11-12 hours per night with two wakings.  He also falls asleep easily after each feeding at night instead of taking some work to get him to fall back asleep.  Here's a picture of him trying it on for the first time:
I just had to include this picture, because it's one of my favorites.  Owen loves snuggling with his daddy in the evenings.
The weather has been particularly beautiful lately, so we have been spending the majority of our days on the back porch playing and doing little crafts.  I bring Jack's table out and his bins of toys so he can play outside.
We did a little art project I found on pinterest where you fill a ziploc up with paint and let them move it around.
Jack has also really enjoyed painting pictures and using his crayons.  He likes me to join in sometimes where he will tell me a letter, and I draw it on his picture.
Jack also really enjoys puzzles lately.  Most of his Melissa and Doug puzzles were too easy for him, so we got him this 24 piece piece transportation puzzle from Pottery Barn Kids.  He and Jonathan will look at the cover of the box, and Jonathan helps walk him through the puzzle.  He is really good at it, and his patience and attention span for it is a little surprising.
Jack's vocabulary has been exploding lately, and he says a lot of funny stuff.  Some of his words for things are made up, and we have no idea where it comes from.  He calls a fire truck a "who who truck."  We are guessing that comes from the wooeee, woeee of the siren maybe?!  If I leave the house in the evening I say, "I'll be right back" and say "I'm back" when I come home.  Now Jack says, "I be right back, Mama."  He will leave the room and then come right back in and say, "I back!"  He also likes when you kiss his boo boos when he gets hurt.  He has fallen on his butt twice and said, "Mama, you kiss my butt?"  My favorite, though, is that he tells me that he loves me when he goes to bed at night.  Two year olds can be difficult at times, but they are also super, super sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment