Thursday, May 16, 2013

First Haircut and Fun in the Sun

I wanted to get one more blog post in before Owen's 6-month update.  On May 8th Owen got his first hair cut.  It's so funny to me, because Jack didn't get his first hair cut until around 18 months or so since he didn't have hair for a long time.  Owen's bangs were starting to get in his eyes, and his hair was going over his ears at a mere 5 1/2 months.  Big brother went first and had a crazy meltdown, but Owen took it in stride.  Here's all 3 of us in the chair.  
Owen sat in his car seat during Jack's haircut since Jack was NOT having a good time.  He's never flipped out before, but I guess 2.5 years old is when you get a fear of haircuts.  Jack was screaming trying to roll out of my arms.  The girl cutting Jack's hair was spraying the water bottle, and Jack was dripping snot and tears all over me.  Jack's super fine hair was in my nose and mouth.  I told Jonathan that it was like wrestling an alligator in the rain while someone blew feathers/dandelions in my face.  I had hair in my throat for about 2 hours after we left.  Quite the experience!  Owen just watched and relaxed on the sidelines.

Here's the little man with his fresh look:
We've had some record high temperatures here, but overall the weather has been beautiful (as usual, really).  Summer is definitely in the air.  This past weekend we went to the mall to enjoy the weather.  It was just a great family day.
Jackson has really been honing his climbing skills recently.  The boy can climb just about anything on a playground.  He called this netting the 'spider web.'
Jackson officially turned 2.5 years old two days ago.  He's changed so much even since his second birthday.  He talks constantly, and he's gotten a little bit demanding in his old age.  When he's upset he'll tell me, "Mama, get out room," "Go to room and close door," or point at me yelling "No!"  He also has the beginnings of a competitive spirit.  Whenever he finishes anything whether it's a game or not he'll yell, "I did it.  I win!"  My favorite, though, is that he recognizes his mother's addiction to caffeine.  He asks me most afternoons, "Mama, you need co-ee (coffee)?"  He must be able to see me hit the afternoon slump.  His favorite toy is currently Mr. Potato Head who he refers to as 'Mr. Tato.'  He has started projecting how he feels onto Mr. Tato where he'll tell us Mr. Tato is hungry or wants to watch tv when that's really how he feels....so cute!  He also talks to him, and he'll have Mr. Tato talk back to him saying, "Jack, do you wanna...."  I'll have to get a picture of the BFFs for the next blog.

Last weekend I participated in the Color Run of Orange County.  It was a great time, and I got to wear an outfit that was outside my normal personality.  I live with all boys, so there aren't many tutus in my life :).  Lucky for me it was more about having a good time than running fast, because I didn't train for a 5k.  
I was a little nervous that Owen would freak out while I was gone since he won't take a bottle, but everything ended up working out really well.  I fed Owen at 5:45am and put him back to sleep.  Owen usually wakes up sometime between 6:30 and 7:30am, but that morning he woke up at 8:30!  Of course the day I'm not home to sleep he sleeps in.  I was home by 10am, and he did totally fine without me.  

1 comment:

  1. Aw - you are such a cute mama! I love the tutu look too :) Glad to hear things are going well as your family grows - hope to catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete