Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween with our Pirate and Pumpkin

I'm getting to this post late, but I wanted to get it posted before Jack and Owen's birthdays!  We had such a fun week leading up to Halloween with how excited Jack was.  Jack wanted to watch any cartoon with a Halloween theme, particularly the Halloween Curious George 1-hour special.  I heard "Halloween Curious George?" asking to watch it more times than I can count.  We also did some fun Halloween crafts.  I posted the spider hand print craft on the last post, which are still hanging on our window, but we did a few others as well.  Jonathan and Jack painted a mason jar with a pumpkin face on it (can't really see it in the picture) and put a candle inside for our kitchen window.  Jack and I painted the small pumpkins that we got at Tanaka Farms.  
I found the idea for a toddler Halloween wreath on pinterest, and Jack had a great time with this craft Halloween morning.  I wrapped the wreath in this orange tape-like material that Jonathan had in the garage and bought Halloween stickers and ribbon for Jack to put on it.  It was a super easy craft, and Jack loves anything with stickers.  The wreath has since been pulled apart by Jack and the stickers have been stuck on our sliding glass door frame outside on the patio.
The night before Halloween Jack and Jonathan did some pumpkin carving.  Here is Jack with the finished product:
Jack chose his costume this year, and he chose to be a pirate.  It's fun that he is at an age where he has an opinion on it...opinions start young :).  Owen was a pumpkin, and a cute one at that.  It is so hard to get a picture of them where someone isn't moving.
We were a little nervous Jack wouldn't put his costume on for Halloween, because he refused to try it on in the days leading up to Halloween.  It was pretty easy to get him to put it on that night with the promise of chocolate!
Jonathan told me when we got the pumpkin costume in the mail that it swayed more towards girly, but I thought he was crazy and it was 100% unisex.  Well, little Owen was mistaken for a girl at about 6-7 houses.  We were asked "her" name and if "she" wanted candy, so I guess Jonathan was right :).  I stand by my pumpkin costume choice, because he was just too cute!
Both last year and this year we started at our neighbor's house to get a feel for how to trick-or-treat.  I have a pretty much identical picture (minus the presence of Owen) from last Halloween :).
 
I was the photographer for the night while Jonathan went up to the doors, but I did get one picture of me with the pumpkin:
I've never been big on Halloween, but it is definitely a lot more exciting when you have kids.  It's just fun seeing how excited they are and dressing them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment