Saturday, December 13, 2014

Owen's 2nd Birthday

Our next birthday celebration was Owen's 2nd birthday.  Owen didn't have nearly as many requests for birthday activities since he still doesn't really understand birthdays, but we had a party for him as well.  We had spaghetti for dinner since that is his favorite meal.  I got silly straws for the boys' drinks, and Owen loved it.
After dinner we opened gifts.  He was so excited to open presents!!  
The gift that he got the most excited with was his new scooter.  He was always stealing Jack's, which led to a lot of sibling fights.  He's actually really good at the scooter.  A few months back he started standing on Jack's when Jack wasn't using it, and he would practice until he finally got the hang of it.
After all the presents were opened it was time for cupcakes.  Owen's love for cake is very similar to his mother's :).  He dove right into his cupcake face first!
After cupcakes I wanted to have an activity for him since we did a piñata for Jack.  I thought that they would like silly string.  When I first sprayed them with silly string they both started screaming and crying out of either fear or frustration…I'm not sure haha.  It took some calming down and me spraying Jonathan for them to be comfortable with it.  They had fun after that:
The morning after his birthday Owen and his scooter were inseparable.  Whatever he was doing, the scooter was there.
I still think of Owen as our little baby, but he's getting big so fast.  Next year I get to start doing birthday interview's with him, which I really look forward to!


No comments:

Post a Comment