Sunday, March 27, 2011

He's Just Too Cute!!!

I don't have too much to report this week. My excitement for the week was completing the organization of our place. The only things left are what I need Jonathan here to go through before I throw them out or store them. He's been at work for just under 2 weeks now, and we are excited for him to get home on Tuesday. It's been a long hitch for him where he has not gotten very much sleep at all. I've wanted to make sure our place is a place he can come back to and just relax instead of still trying to unpack and organize. Jack has really come alive in the past week or so. I've commented before that he is getting more interactive, but he just continues to get to be more fun to play with. He's really gotten better with more of his fine motor skills and using both hands together. He is rolling from front to back every time we do tummy time now instead of just randomly. On Wednesday March 23rd, he was on his play mat and rolled from back to front, then front to back all in one swift move. When he came back around onto his back, he had a look on his face like, 'What just happened?' He hasn't rolled from back to front since, but it was very exciting! No real purpose to this blog besides sharing some pictures of Jack in action... Here he is while we are taking a walk. When I took this picture I felt like I got a glimpse of what he'll look like when he's a little bit older. He's really starting to lose that newborn look. He wasn't feeling very well one night and was pretty grumpy. He had a temperature of 99.6, so not really high, but not feeling completely wonderful. He passed out on the couch from 6 p.m. until 9:30 p.m., and then ate and went to bed at 10 p.m. He still plays on his play mat regularly, but I feel like he's starting to lose some interest in it. Instead of randomly swinging at the toys, he will grab each of them or the rings on them with both hands and stare at them like he's examining every detail.


I love the fact that babies are so easy to please. People spend so much money on expensive toys when all babies really like are bags and boxes :). Jack loves bags! He will play with sandwich bags when we go out to eat, and he loved my chip bag the other day after lunch.



Jack has gotten really strong in his bumbo chair. He sits up pretty straight, and he likes to sit up on the couch with me while I fold laundry or eat. Here he is playing with his stuffed animal while sitting in his seat.



And another one in the bumbo chair since it's just too cute!



He likes his bouncer more and more every day. It holds his attention for a few minutes longer each time he's in it.



I wanted to give Jack some new toys to play with. He got these as a Christmas gift, and they are for ages 6 months and up. He doesn't understand the fact that there are mini activities on each block, but he likes to look at them, touch them, and throw them.



These next two are on here since I almost cried from how cute he is. Here he is in the puffy butterfly chair I've had since college:



And here he is in his teddy bear jacket getting ready to take Izzy outside in the evening:



Jack's moods have really gotten to be a lot more predictable. He usually eats around the same times, and he takes naps at around the same times each day. He doesn't really just cry for no apparent reason anymore. His reason may just be that he wants to be held or he's bored, but there's usually a reason :). He does still get grumpy, though, and here he is telling me how unhappy he is:



I spend a lot of my day in a non-stop circuit between Jack's activities. I have his swing, bouncer, activity mat, and bumbo chair in a circle around our coffee table. I pretty much move him from activity to activity as he loses interest in one with naps and feedings in between. It makes me nervous for him getting mobile, because he's very curious, active, and likes to be entertained.

I just can't believe how much I love this little guy, and I know Jonathan feels exactly the same way. We love him more and more every day, and we feel so blessed to have him in our lives. I've always known he's his own person and a unique individual, but it has really hit me in the past couple of days just how true that really is. I love seeing his personality develop and really shine daily!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little man - I can't wait to meet him! I think he's crying in the last picture because you have him in a onesie that says "love stinks!" LOL love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete