Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2-week and 2-year Updates

Jack and Owen had their pediatrician appointments for the 2-year and 2-week marks on December 6th. I'm so thankful that my mom was still in town for this appointment and could come with us, because Jack was an animal.  He took it to another level during the appointment when it was Owen's turn, because I don't think he wanted Owen to get all of the attention.  The poor nurse even had to chase him down the hallway when he tried to run out!  The pediatrician was asking at the beginning of the appointment how the terrible 2's were going, and Jack made sure to give him a show :).

Jack weighed in at 26.5 lbs., and he measured 33 inches long.  He is pretty much at the 50th percentile for both height and weight.

Owen weighed in at 8 lbs., 10 oz., and he measured 21 inches long.  In just over 2 weeks, he gained back all of the weight he lost plus another 11 oz. on top of that.  He also grew 1/2 an inch!  
I'm pretty much completely obsessed with this little face:
Owen spends a lot of his time each day in his swings while Jack and I play or I do things around the house.  Owen is usually pretty interested in what we are doing and will watch us.
Other times he is just too sleepy from the crazy life of a baby.
Jack has started to warm up to Owen a little bit more.  He definitely does his fair share of tantruming and trying to distract me while I hold or play with Owen, but he also has some sweet moments with his little brother.
On a few occasions, Jack has tried to pick Owen up.  
We have kind of been hermits besides going to bible study and MOPS last week, so I've been trying to find things to do with Jack around the house.  This past week Jack helped me do some baking.  He is very good at stirring.
My mother-in-law, Ann, bought Jack the Fisher Price nativity scene, and we've had a lot of fun playing with that.  Jack likes identifying the animals and the sounds they make.  It's also a good way to introduce the Christmas story in a fun, child-friendly way!
Jonathan has made sure to get Jack out of the house so he doesn't go completely stir crazy.  We got out to the park as a family last weekend, and Jack had fun with the frogs at the fountain.
He and Jonathan also went to Dick's Sporting Goods and played with some of the equipment.  Jack LOVED golfing, and they spent almost an hour putting at the store.
My goal is to start venturing out a little bit more with both boys.  I'm a little bit scared of cold and flu season, but we can't stay indoors forever and maintain our sanity :).

We got Owen's newborn photos taken just after the 2-week mark, so I'll try to get some of those up sometime in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment