Thursday, January 2, 2014

Joint Birthday Party with Grandma and Grandpa Brink

I am getting way behind in blogging, and it is time to catch up a bit!  We've had so much going on with the holiday season and 3 out of 4 family members having birthdays that it is difficult to to keep up and pick which pictures to post.  To start off, my parents came to visit from November 16-20th to celebrate Jack and Owen's birthdays.

The boys love having family around, because they get extra attention and there's always someone to play with.  In looking through these pictures, my mom was left out quite a bit.  She's coming back out while Jonathan's away at military training the end of this month, so I'm definitely going to have to capture some Grandma photos.  

There was a lot of snuggle time, park time, and probably too much birthday cake eaten by a few of us (my mom and I ate cake for breakfast one morning).  




We spent one day of their trip at Irvine Regional Park riding the train, going to the zoo, feeding ducks, and playing on the playground.

Jonathan was jogging across the playground in this picture, and Owen was loving it!
We had a joint birthday party over the weekend between Jack and Owen's birthdays.  My mom made a dirt and worms cake, and Jack got to have his first gummy worm.  
 Both boys got candles, and Jack took it upon himself to help Owen blow his out as well :).

There's something about seeing two grown men in party hats that brings a smile to my face.


Owen didn't create a crazy mess, but he did enjoy his piece of cake.  With Jonathan's birthday in October and Jack's the previous week, we didn't make it to his first birthday before giving him cake for the first time.  Owen is a foodie and gets disgruntled if you don't let him have what everyone else is having.  He's a veteran cake eater in this picture :).

On the last day of my parent's trip we went to the Irvine Spectrum mall where they have a ferris wheel, train, and carousel.  My mom got the pleasure of riding the train with the boys.
We're thankful for Grandma and Grandpa's visit and capturing some pictures that I know I'll love to look at when the boys are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment