Friday, January 14, 2011

2 Month Update

As of today Jackson is 2 months old. It feels like just yesterday we were at the hospital, but it's amazing how much he has developed. I brought Jack in for his 2 month Well-Child Check-up today. His last check-up was at 2 weeks and 2 days old, so it's fun to see how much he's grown over the past 6 weeks.

2 week check-up (11/30/10):
Weight: 8 lbs. 3 oz.
Height: 20 3/4 inches
Head Circumference: 14 1/2 inches
Blood Pressure: 88

2 month check-up:
Weight: 10 lbs. 14 oz.
Height: 22 3/4 inches
Head Circumference: 15 1/2 inches
Blood Pressure: 92

I can't believe he has gotten 2 inches longer in 6 weeks. I knew his onesies were getting shorter :). While he was getting the majority of his check-up done he was smiling, "talking," and trying to grab at the strings on my sweatshirt. The poor little guy was clueless about what was going to happen.


When the girl walked in to do his immunizations, he was super happy and smiling at her. That made it harder since you hate to ruin a babies good mood. I told her I might cry since I used to cry when I brought Izzy to the vet for shots...haha. I started to get a little teary eyed, but I held it together :). The girl did it so fast. She did one in the the right leg, then 2 in the left, and it was over in about 10 seconds. When he got the first one, his face didn't change. I think it was shocking and took a second to process, because by the second one he started crying. By the third one, he was bright red and screaming. He turned his head to look at me as he started to scream and held his arms up in the air like he was telling me "please come get me"...heartbreaking. Happily, it's over for another 2 months.

Everything looked great physically and developmentally, which makes me happy since we haven't been supplementing any formula. Once we left the appointment, we went to the grocery store to get some infant Tylenol just in case it's necessary. Right now as I'm typing this he is passed out next to me, so hopefully there will be no fever or fussiness.

Here's a picture of Jack once we got home and one of his Charlie Brown band-aids. I forgot how cute kid's band-aids are.

In other Nichols family news, I mentioned in the previous blog that we are moving to California. Jonathan left on Monday of this week for California to start work in Long Beach. He started off training in Bakersfield, and he is now in Long Beach. He's going to be out there until February 8th, so it's kind of sad that we won't all be together for a month. While out there, he is going to take some time from work to look for a place for us to live when we move out there. We are probably going to end up moving out there sometime between February 9-15 depending on the moving company. In the mean time, my mom will be coming out to visit for 5 days to keep me and Jack company and give me a little bit of help. By help, I'm really just looking forward to getting some stuff done around the apartment while my mom holds Jack for me for a little while. Right now, it's hard to get much done since Jack clings onto me. I love snuggling him, but it's hard to check things off your to do list. I have to say though, I am really loving getting the opportunity to stay at home with Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment