Saturday, May 21, 2011

Who's that Guy in the Mirror

A second post in one day! After spilling my guts a little in the last post, I have to post some pictures of the cuteness that is Jack :). The closet doors in Jack's bedrooms are mirrors, and seeing as babies do not have a sense of self when looking at their reflection yet, I believe Jack is under the impression that he shares his room. When I get him out of bed in the morning we say good morning to "Other Jack," and he smiles really big and curls up against my shoulder like he's shy. Jack loves playing in his room, and here he is looking in the mirror to greet "Other Jack."
Jack gets stronger by the day and can sit up independently for longer periods of time. I still don't feel comfortable walking too far away from him since he gets a little wabbly at times, but overall he's really stable and can sit up for quite a while to play with his toys.


I believe I have mentioned before that Izzy is not Jack's biggest fan, but Jack loves, and I mean LOVES, Izzy. If he gets to touch her fur for even a millisecond he will smile really big, and he laughed the other day when she brushed passed him. Izzy is slowly but surely coming around. Yesterday she chewed her bone in front of him while he was sitting on his playmat. She'll even come sit next to us on the couch, which doesn't seem like much, but she hasn't sat on the couch with us since he was born pretty much. They'll be best friends as soon as Jack figures out how to throw a ball or starts dropping food. Jack already shows interest in her toys, and he tries to play tug-of-war with her rope.


This next picture is in my top 5 of favorite pictures of Jack. We were headed out for a walk on a cooler evening. I could just gag he's so cute!!!


1 comment: