Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Day to Honor Jack's DaDa

Tonight I finally gave Jonathan his belated Father's Day gift. On the blue page below I wanted to include pictures from what we did on Father's Day, so I had to give him the gift a little bit late. I wanted to put something together that will go through the years with us as our family changes. I decided to do a little scrap book where each year one page is devoted to some of the major memories from the year and the other page will have pictures from Father's Day. I never thought I would keep up with a blog, and I have, so I figured I can keep up with this over the next couple decades too :).


We had a nice, relaxing Father's Day at Laguna Beach. We had lunch at home and then walked the beach, after getting Starbucks of course! Just a quiet family day :) Here are some of the pictures of dad and son...




The Sunday before Father's Day (6/12/11), my grandmother came into town to visit my aunt and uncle. My dad's brother lives in Big Bear, CA, but they flew in to the airport near us. My grandmother has been dying to meet Jack, so Jack got to meet one of his great-grandparents. My grandma lives back in Chicago, so we didn't know when she would get to meet him.


She had a great time, and Jack was really good at lunch. We were at the restaurant for about 2 hours, so I'm kind of surprised he didn't start to lose it a little bit. He sat on great-grandma's lap and liked to grab at the flowers on her shirt.



My uncle was our photographer for the day, and I think he took about 78 pictures at lunch for my grandma to be able to choose from later :).


In other big news, Jonathan started a new job yesterday. He started at a new company as an Account Representative. We didn't think that such a major change would happen this quickly, but he came across a really great opportunity and took it. The best part of all of it is that it is a job working Monday through Friday during normal business hours instead of being gone for two weeks at a time. I'm so excited for him, because he really wanted to be able to see Jack every day and not miss out on all the milestones and important moments.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Sarah! Look at you doing crafty things. The pictures are adorable as always; what a thoughtful gift. Less than two weeks...

    ReplyDelete