Monday, June 6, 2011

WANTED: One Weiner Dog

WANTED
Jack has a fascination and love for Izzy, and he wants to love on her with all of his might! However, up to this point he has not had the ability to make his move to get up close and personal with her. Unfortunately for Izzy, things are changing around here. This afternoon I watched Jack make a graceful sequence of rolls and commando crawls across the room to make his way over to Izzy's bed. Izzy was under her blanket unaware of his approach. As he pulled at her blanket, she realized what was happening and jumped out of her bed before he could get his hands on her. I have a feeling Izzy's going to spend a lot more time on higher ground.


Jack is getting very mobile these days, and he is definitely beginning to give us a run for our money. He can't quite get the coordination and sequence of movements necessary to crawl yet, but he's so close. He now just pulls himself forward on the tile with his hands and forearms, and when he's on the carpet he'll give himself the extra push necessary by pushing forward with his feet. He'll try to get up on his knees but usually loses balance. Even though he's not technically crawling, he can work a room. I had to plug up all of the outlets in his bedroom since he zones in on them, and I really need to get on safety planning around cords asap. He tends to look at things with a look like, "Target Acquired," and then begins his mission.


You can see Jack's play area in the background where he commando crawled from to come visit "Other Jack."

Here's the little burrito all rolled up in his blanket. He grabbed one end and just log rolled until he was all wrapped up.

Just a cute picture of him playing with his spoon ;).

When Jack is not on the move at ground level, he demands that he be part of the action in the baby carrier. Jack enjoys being a part of cooking meals and cleaning the kitchen. P.S. We are very careful around the stove in case you are looking at this picture with concern :).



We had the pleasure of my mom coming out to visit from May 28-June 4. Besides the fact that we enjoy her company, she gave us the chance to sleep in each morning by getting Jack up for us...it was amazing! I slept in later than I have since I was about 28 weeks pregnant and things started to get uncomfortable. My mom was better about taking pictures than I sometimes am, so we got this family photo opp in Laguna Beach.

My mom was also able to capture a few of the many faces of Jack...Concerned:

SCARY!

Silly...

She also spoiled him with so many new toys including a xylophone, stacking cups, bath toys, a 6+ month piano, cars, and rings that you stack. Such a lucky little guy.


Jack had his first full pool experience while my mom was here. We tried to get him in a few weeks ago, but the water was still too cold. He freaked out the second his feet hit the water. This time the water was still cool, but he was able to get in. Jonathan braved the chilly waters for a few cute pictures.

Jack has been enjoying regularly scheduled solid food meals now for lunch and dinner. He has quite a varied pallet, and we're getting better acclimated to bringing solid foods with us on outings to keep on his schedule. Here we are at the mall enjoying some oatmeal and apple sauce.

This week I finally broke out the babycook food pureer and mass produced fruit and vegetable purees. I decided the easiest thing to do would be to puree different types of foods and put them into ice cube trays in 1 oz servings. I figure this will probably be the best way to maintain a good variety of foods without having to puree things every day. Here's the babycook in action making mango puree.

I pureed peaches, mangoes, and blueberries. I made another full tray with carrots since Jack likes them quite a bit. Here's one of my trays with pumpkin, peas, and corn.

Now at meal times, all I have to do is pop out a few cubes that I want to mix together or with yogurt or cereal and warm them up before serving. So easy!

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! I can't believe how quickly he's growing

    ReplyDelete