Friday, July 8, 2011

A Fun Filled Fourth!

We had a great long 4th of July weekend, and my sister-in-law, Amy, had the chance to come out and visit us. We were able to capture the above photo after several tries right before a wave washed in and ruined the words. We spent Amy's first full day with us at Laguna Beach...



Jack hasn't seen his Auntie Amy since he was just under 3 months old when we moved to California, so it was a happy reunion 5 months later!

We got a chance to go swimming at the pool near our condo, and it was the longest Jack had spent in the pool. I think we were there for about an hour.



While Jonathan was at work, Amy and I tried to find a good beach to go to and walk a pier. I have no idea where I am going around here, so we set out without an exact destination and ended up at Seal Beach. From Seal Beach you can see oil rigs out on the ocean and Long Beach, which is pretty industrialized. It wasn't the best view of California, and I felt like a bad tour guide. The day we were there was supposed to be Amy's last day in California before heading back to Denver.

In a twist of luck, we got a redo day when Amy's flight back to Denver got cancelled. She ended up coming back to our place, and we got another whole day together!! This time we set out with more of a plan and ended up in San Clemente. Not without stopping at IHOP first, though!

After what Jonathan called breakfast for a "lumberjack," we set out for our 3 mile ocean side hike in San Clemente.



We had a great time, and both of us got a tad bit burnt. We were wise enough to lather and re lather Jack in SPF 50 sunscreen, but we weren't so great about doing so for ourselves. Overall, though, it was a great beach day!

Part of my sunburn was on top of my head on the part in my hair and scalp since I have such thin blonde hair. Jonathan saw a hat shop and stopped to get me two hats on his way home from work today to help me prevent reoccurring sunburns on the top of my head :). Here's me and Jack grilling out tonight with one of my new hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment