Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our Impish Infant

I just had to start off with one of the cutest pictures ever. This was taken at the beginning of one of our Stroller Strides classes. Jack was all sunscreened up with a hat and his trusty stick ready to hit the pavement. Sometimes I really wonder how he got this cute :)

Lately, my back and neck have been killing me, which I'm assuming has a lot to do with picking Jack up over and over again all day long as well as all of the heavy items that come along with a baby. I've also noticed that my upper back hurts when I carry him on my hip all the time. I had put the Moby Wrap away thinking we had probably outgrown it, but I watched a few YouTube videos that talked about the side wrap for carrying your baby on your hip, and I think it might be life changing for my back :). It's actually one of the easier wraps, and it supports all of his weight so I can even use both my hands if a need to. Whoever invented baby carriers is a genius! Jack keeps me on my toes all day long, and there's barely a moment to sit unless he's napping. If I turn my back for even a second, he's about 3 steps up the staircase. Besides the stairs up to our bedroom, there is a HUGE staircase down to our garage. Jack recently recognized the presence of these stairs, and it was officially time to get a gate. Besides that, poor Izzy can't get a moment to herself to eat her food in peace. We got a gate to block off the stairs and put Izzy's food on the other side of it. We couldn't find one big enough for what we needed at Babies R Us, so we headed to PetSmart. For anybody looking to find gates, I think pet stores have a better variety for cheaper prices. This gate is great for us too, because it has a miniature door (technically for cats), but it is perfect for Izzy to go through to get to her food while still blocking Jack off.
And with the purchase of the gate, another new hobby is born...

Izzy is still warming up to Jack, but the gate has also helped bring these two together towards a common goal when the little door on the gate is closed.

I really cannot believe the amazing climbing ability of this little baby. Jack climbs our 16 step flight of stairs numerous times per day, and now he has moved on to bigger and better things. I was on top of our step ladder the other day dusting off the top of Jack's dresser, and I felt someone climbing up behind me.



He's so brave and strong-willed, it makes me scared of the day he's on the playground and tries to fly or something.

Jack also spends a lot of time pulling up on the coffee table and reaching for items to play with. I was trying to think of the perfect word to describe him in this phase, and impish (synonymous with mischievous) came to mind :).

He's one busy guy, but he also takes some time out of his day to snuggle his mama...


No comments:

Post a Comment