Thursday, September 22, 2011

Play Time at the Park

Jack and I went to the park the other day for the first time for Jack to actually play instead of just watching other kids play...he's getting so big! Keeping Jack couped up in our condo all day makes both of us go a little bit nutty since he wants more space to move, and I spend my day keeping him safe from himself. Sometimes I get distracted by my to-do list around the house, but I knew I had to let the little man loose :).

The park in our neighborhood has about 4 different sections that get more and more advanced, so it's a great place for all ages. The smallest park area is probably best suited for new walkers, but Jack is old enough and has the abilities to play on some of the equipment. In the background of the first picture, you'll see some stairs that Jack was able to climb with a little assistance, and came down the slide on the other side holding my hands.
Jack was immediately drawn to the sandy area:





The desire to climb is definitely there. He already climbs everything he possibly can at home, and he made a few unsuccessful attempts at pulling himself up this:

Lately, Jack has been mimicking a lot of the stuff that we do and say. The other day Jonathan opened and closed his fist, and Jack did it right after him. I'll sing la-la-la-la to him, and he'll try to sing something similar back to me. So, while we were at the park, I was burying his feet in the sand. He would kick his feet out, and then he would bury his feet in the sand himself.



I've always loved spending time with Jack, but it gets more fun each day to do activities with him. He's such a funny and social baby, and it's great getting to know his personality better each day. I'm sure this was just the first of many days that I'll take him to the park to try to wear his little booty out.

No comments:

Post a Comment