Thursday, September 15, 2011

Little Helper

Jack turned 10 months old on Wednesday, and I can't believe how fast the time went. He is turning into such a toddler instead of an infant. I am so tired at the end of the day now with all the energy that comes out of this small person. I pretty much eat breakfast and lunch while following him around our place, because he doesn't like to sit in one spot. Instead, he likes to push and walk behind anything he can get his hands on (his walker, toy bin, high chair, desk chair, ironing board, etc.), climb the stairs, destroy toilet paper in the bathroom...you get the picture :).
I swear he can hear the dishwasher opening from a mile away and rushes over to help. I was letting him play with the dishwasher while I cooked, but the other day I left the door down for him. When I turned around from the stove he was standing on top of the door trying to pull up onto the counter top...so dangerous! (That's my mom in the picture...post to come about their visit).

As an infant, Jack didn't really like the vacuum cleaner. Things have changed, and now he loves to chase it. He was my little road block the other day while I was trying to vacuum the rug in the living room.

Due to this new level of busy-ness, we decided it was time to get serious on the baby proofing. Jack was of course there to help his dad put the locks on the cabinets and hand him tools.

Jack is very interested in walking now, and he wants you to hold his hands to help him walk everywhere. The other day I let go, and he stood there by himself for about 5 seconds before making a controlled fall onto his butt and crying. He did that twice, so I think the concept of standing by himself scared him a little bit.


Here he is walking in a shopping center courtyard:


After exerting a lot of energy, he passed out on a bike ride with Jonathan.

He recently got a new life vest from Jonathan's mom, and he finally let us put it on him. He was a little hesitant at first, but he had fun floating.

Enjoying the pool with his dad:

We've gotten Jack a few pairs of shoes recently since he's more interested in practicing walking holding onto us and various other things while we're out. When we first put this new pair on in the car, he liked playing with them like little toys.

Another fun gift is his new Jellycat Aardvark from my parents. We went out to get breakfast on a rainy day, and Jack stayed in his pjs with his stuffed animal on our outing.

Jack is much more involved in everything we do. No longer just a bystander in his baby carrier or stroller. He dipped his feet in the chilly waters, and he loves the waves!

One last thing I wanted to share...You may remember Jack's weiner lamp in his bedroom from nursery pictures before he was born.

Jonathan carried on the theme by painting Jack a weiner picture. He used a weiner dog stencil made from a picture on the internet to put together this cute little creation:

My parents came to visit us for a week recently, and I am going to do a post for that soon. Right now, there's a baby crying to get out of his crib :).

No comments:

Post a Comment