Sunday, November 11, 2012

40 Weeks, 2 Days and Still Counting

We have now officially passed the due date of November 9th, and we are just waiting now.  I'm getting a little bit impatient since I've had several days where I felt I might be going in the right direction, but then everything just stops and no labor.  I was induced three days after Jack's due date for medical reasons, so who knows how late I would have gone.  Jack's birthday is coming up this Wednesday, so that's about the only day I'm hoping I won't go into labor.  It would be a bit strange to have two kids, both with the same birthday!

Anyway, here is a picture at the 40 weeks, 1 day mark (sorry a little blurry):
Jack continues to have a great time with Grammy while Jonathan and I have gotten a couple more chances to go out for date nights.  Jack had a great time taking the peas out of their pods and eating about a cup of them raw.
Jack and Grammy have also had a lot of fun maintaining our patio.  Jack does a great job sweeping, and he's pretty cute doing it!
Today we went to San Clemente and walked the pier.  Not my favorite picture ever, but I love family pictures since they are rare.


How far along: 40 weeks, 2 days
Sleep: Not as bad as I would have expected, but I can't sleep through the night.  On a bad night I wake up every 1-2 hours.  On a good night, I will make it a 5 hour stretch.
Best moment this week: We are 100% prepared for this baby with everything washed and in it's place.  The infant car seat is in the car, and I am packed for the hospital.  It feels good to have everything done.
Movement: He's pretty squirmy and I get sharp pains when he jams his foot/knee/elbow against the outside.  You can feel the point of his knee or whatever it is pressing out.
Cravings: I've gone a little crazy on the chocolate chip cookies Ann (MIL) has made with milk.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: I'll keep the details between me and mother nature, but I always feel like I'm on the verge.  Nothing goes anywhere though :(
What I miss: Nothing really.  I would say sleeping through the night, but it's not like that'll happen once he's born either haha.
What I'm looking forward to: Introducing Jack to his little brother and starting the transition to a family of 4.
Weekly Wisdom: I guess our babies are comfy inside even though you would think their mother's short waistedness would be uncomfortable :)

1 comment:

  1. wow! you look great & your little family is about to get even more beautiful with this new little guy. Hope he comes soon!! Keep those feet up & hope you're feeling as well as you can. Maybe all this early labor will make the real thing quicker (happened to me with #2) ;-)

    ReplyDelete