Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jack Turned 2 and is Still an Only Child!

Jack turned 2 years old this past Wednesday, November 14th.  It was a pretty regular day overall, but we did have time in the evening for opening gifts from family and, of course, eating cake!  Thank you to pinterest for this cake decorating idea that was super easy.  I bought a cake from Costco, cut out a big chunk of it, and placed some of Jack's trucks on top to look like a construction site!  It was a 7 lb cake, so we have A LOT of left over cake in the freezer!
Jack is not a huge fan of the Happy Birthday song as displayed by his reaction to our singing haha.  As soon as we started singing he started crying.
He then turned around crying and would not look at us the whole song:
He would only try the cake if he got to eat it from the bulldozer portion of the truck, which you can see on his plate below.  He's an emotional little fella :).  He did have fun opening gifts, and he got some great things.


Thank you to everyone who got him something.  He really did love everything equally and has spent a lot of time these past few days playing with all of it.

We had a relaxing weekend, and we spent one morning over at the Great Park riding the carousel.  Here's Jack and Grammy having some fun.  
I even hopped on for a ride.  I will tell you it is much easier to dismount than mount a carousel zebra when you are this pregnant.  I got a few giggles from the family, and Jonathan told me how "delicate" I looked trying to get up on the zebra lol.
Today marks 41 weeks, 2 days pregnant.  I had my non-stress test and ultrasound this past Friday at 41 weeks to make sure the baby's movements, heart rate, and amniotic fluid was good, and everything looks great.  I'm 2.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced, so hopefully things will kick into high gear soon.  
I go to the doctor Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week unless I go into labor before the scheduled appointments or the non-stress tests show an issue.  Please pray that I go into labor on my own before Friday (42 weeks), because Friday is the day that I would be induced.  I'm hoping for a VBAC, and inductions are not ideal for VBACs.  There is a much greater chance of success if you go into labor on your own, and the risks of uterine rupture are lower as well.

My mother-in-law, Ann, has been staying with us since October 26th (a little over 3 weeks now) to be here to watch Jack while we are at the hospital.  She was supposed to leave today, but she has graciously offered her time to stay another 10 days since this whole baby thing hasn't happened yet!  She will now get to spend Thanksgiving with us, and even if we have the baby as late as Friday/Saturday, she will be here to watch Jack and spend a few additional days with us until I get out of the hospital and settled back at home.  We are so grateful that she has been willing and able to spend this time with us.  Jack is also having a great time with his Grammy!     

How far along: 41 weeks, 2 days
Sleep: I wake up every 30-60 minutes at night all night long feeling like I need to flip over from sore hips.  By around 6:30- 7 a.m. I just get up even though Jack usually isn't even close to awake.
Best moment this week: Spending time focused solely on Jack for his birthday.
Movement: It's mostly smaller movements now since he's squished in there!
Cravings: Hot Chocolate
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: I've been having some contractions, but nothing regularly or that goes anywhere.
What I miss: Same as last week...Nothing really.  I would say sleeping through the night, but it's not like that'll happen once he's born either haha.
What I'm looking forward to: It's bitter sweet coming to the end of this pregnancy.  I really like being pregnant, but I'm really ready to move on to the next phase.  The waiting game is making me antsy.
Weekly Wisdom: Be Patient!

I just wanted to end with this picture, because it makes me laugh.  Jack loves "family hugs," and we got one captured on camera :).
Fun last days as a family of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment