Wednesday, June 16, 2010

19 weeks


Today I have reached the 19 week mark...almost half way there!!! I wanted to post a picture for people who don't see me all the time :) I barely ever take pictures of myself, so it's a shocker for me even to see how much bigger I have gotten. I guess when you see yourself everyday you don't realize how much you have started to change. Once Jonathan gets back in town on June 26, he won't have seen me for 3 weeks, so I'm interested to see if he'll be surprised by how different I look from 17 weeks pregnant to 20 weeks.

Yesterday evening I had a little bit of a scare. Amy, Jayne (sisters-in-law), and I went to Tokyo Joe's, because I wanted sushi and they sell cooked sushi. While eating the shrimp roll, my tongue started to go numb and swell up, which has never happened before. I pride myself on having no allergies :). Luckily, some paramedics had pulled in to get some dinner, so one of them evaluated me for free while Amy went to the Walgreens next door to get Benadryl and check with the pharmacist if it was ok. I also called my obgyn to make sure everything would be ok with the baby. I had no idea whether or not having an allergic reaction would do anything to the baby. The doctor said benadryl was fine and to just stay away from shellfish until I could get allergy tests after pregnancy. I found it a little bit funny that I may have had a reaction to shellfish, because Jonathan has a raging allergy to shellfish that requires him to carry Epi pens. Now I'm carrying part of his DNA and I suddenly react to shellfish possibly. The doctor said a baby does not cause allergies, but I thought it was a funny coincidence!

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy about the sushi. total bummer too! I bet you that Jonathan will be surprised when he sees you- I know from 17 to 20 weeks I changed a lot for the first time and Matt was out of town. He was pretty shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes - you're getting a belly!!! I love it :) thanks for posting because I miss seeing you! I wish I could come out there to visit... Anyway, hope you're feeling well. Glad you didn't turn into Hitch!

    ReplyDelete