Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting this Blog Started!

I'm so excited to get this blog started, and I'm hoping that I can stay consistent about posting. We have a lot of exciting things going on right now that can be completely life changing. Jonathan is down at Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina right now at Selection for the Special Forces with the Army. The Selection process lasts for 3 weeks, and he just left on Saturday June 5th. It's a lot of physical tests, rucking around the woods with 70 pounds on your back, land navigation in the pitch black night, obstacle courses, and academic tests while totally sleep deprived. So overall it sounds like a blast!! We're not able to talk at all since they took away his phone, so I'm just praying for him every day that he's doing well and doesn't get injured. He's been working sooo hard for this and has gotten himself into amazing shape.
Another update in our lives is that we are having a baby! I'm 18 weeks and 1 day pregnant right now, and the baby is due around November 10, 2010. Jonathan is hoping this due date sticks since that is the Marine Corp birthday :). We have our 20-week appointment (which will be my 21-week mark) on July 1st where we get to find out if it is a boy or a girl. I would put an ultrasound picture up with this post, but our last one was a month ago, so I'll hold off until the next appointment. I just started to feel the baby move with little flutters about a week ago, so it is all starting to become more real now.
So, those are the major things right now, and we'll keep everyone updated on how Jonathan does at Selection and baby progress.

1 comment: