Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fun Pregnancy Survey

I tried a prenatal yoga video for the first time 2 days ago, and I realized I am not really a yoga person. Deep breathing and stretching just don't really turn my mind off or do anything for me. However, yesterday I got an amazing facial that Jonathan gave me as a gift before he left for Special Forces training since I've been having some breakout issues since getting pregnant. That was much more of a relaxer for me than yoga could ever be. The girl who did my facial is 23 weeks pregnant with her first baby, so it was fun to talk to her a little bit about what pregnant life will be like about a month from now. Amy (my sister-in-law for those who don't know) and I went to Gap Maternity yesterday also to make some exchanges, but of course I walked out with 4 new shirts. Overall, it was a great Saturday!!

I found this survey on a friends blog, and I thought it would be fun to do...

How far along: 18 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: +14 poinds
Maternity clothes: I bought maternity pants at about 12 weeks and love them. They are so comfortable! I've been going in between maternity tops and nonmaternity, but most of my nonmaternity tops aren't fitting anymore.
Sleep: Great! The first 3 months I fell asleep at about 6 p.m. each night. Now, I'm on a normal sleep schedule like pre-pregnancy, but I fall asleep a lot easier.
Best moment this week: People commenting on how pregnant I am looking.
Movement: I had thought I started to feel it around 16 1/2 or 17 weeks, but the doctor said it's probably a little bit early. I'm not so sure, but I haven't felt much for about 2 days now.
Cravings: Watermelon and chicken fingers.
Gender: Unknown. Set to find out on July 1st.
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in our out? In.
What I miss: Being able to suck in my stomach to get between tight spots.
What am I looking forward to? Just about everything! I'm looking forward to finding out the gender and getting to feel those first big kicks.
Weekly Wisdom: Stretch those hamstrings and don't sit in one spot for too long to help with back pain.
Milestones: Making it out of the first trimester successfully after a kind of scary one, and upgrading to medium maternity shirts instead of small in preparation for the big stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment