Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Good Times with an Old Friend

Last week I got to spend some time with my friend Brandy who I have not seen in FOREVER! Brandy and I were interns in Memphis, TN back in the summer of 2005, and we were fast friends where people thought we had known each other forever on the first day we had met. After the internship we saw each other maybe three more times, but we hadn't gotten much of a chance to hang out and just catch up. Brandy was here in Denver for a business conference all week, and we went out to dinner two nights. It was great to catch up on life. Last time we saw each other we were both single, and now we are living the blissful married life, working, and living in totally different parts of the country.




Jonathan came along with us one night and we got yet another rare couples picture :):



Today I went for my first ever chiropractic adjustment. I was mildly terrified since the idea of bones snapping and popping makes my stomach turn a little bit. I watched Jonathan get adjusted first. They twist your neck like something in a movie where someone is being killed. When it came to my turn, I got a little case of the giggles, and every time I would hear my bones "adjust" I would just start laughing for some reason. I guess it's the emotional release of realizing something you were scared of actually feels pretty good. I'm hoping that seeing the chiropractor each week will help ease some of the discomfort that has come along with the third trimester and the growing weight of the belly.

Right now my main goal for myself is to find a birthing class since I have been told over and over I need to get on it by doulas, the obgyn, the chiropractor, etc. I've almost limited myself to the Express classes since a lot of classes are 11 weeks, and I more than likely don't have that long left on this pregnancy journey.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you are looking awesome!! I saw (and still see) a chiropractor during my pregnancies, and it helped with some hip and lower back pain soooo much! she even did some hip adjustments post partum and got me back in my jeans faster :) woohoo!

    ...and I totally flaked on birthing classes and did the "babycenter" video marathon and reading. I feel like everything went fine :)

    Good luck mama!

    -Michelle (Tufano) Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA - you crack me up! I can totally hear/see you laughing at the chiropractor :) that made me laugh thinking about it! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete