Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Only 10 more weeks!

Today we have reached the 30-week mark. It's all going by so quickly now, and there is still so much left to do in preparation. We have been able to clear everything out of what will be the baby's room that is not baby-related besides a few empty suitcases, but we still have a long way to go until we have a put together nursery. Everything's tossed throughout the room in piles. I'm thinking we may be able to put the crib up in the next week or two and maybe hang something on the wall. Here are a few Before shots of the nursery (some are kind of hard to see with the lighting):




The next photos will be when it is completed!

I had my 30-week appointment yesterday morning, and it's a fun point in the pregnancy for appointments. The baby's heart rate was normal at 150, and he measured at 30-weeks...so right on track. The heart rate was a little higher than the last appointment, but he was super active kicking around the whole time. The nurse said that would raise his heart rate a little bit. The doctor felt around my stomach and estimated his weight between 3 and 3.5 pounds, so he's getting so much bigger! He's been moving around quite a bit, and the kicks are getting harder and very noticeable from the outside. About two days ago I started getting sharp pains in my ribs when he would kick, and I have also been getting a lot of hard kicks and pressure on my pubic bone. I'm very short waisted, so he doesn't have anywhere to go besides against bone. One of my favorite things is sitting back and watching my stomach squirm around and feeling his body shift when I touch my stomach. It's probably one of the most amazing things ever, and I can see myself missing it a little bit. However, I'm more excited for him to be here in person! Here is the 30-week photo update:


I wanted to end this post with a picture of the most adorable weiner dog. Izzy has been a little bit traumatized by the move and Jonathan going back to school. Her personality has been a little bit out of whack lately, but she's still our favorite little dog. Here she stretching is out in the morning before getting out of bed:

No comments:

Post a Comment