Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Some Positive Progress

It's been a really great week for progress on the nursery. Jonathan and I got a great crib and dresser/hutch off Craigslist this week. We stayed up later than usual last night putting the furniture together (mostly Jonathan put it together). The furniture is pretty much the extent of what we have together for the nursery, but I was almost giddy last night having baby furniture assembled in our apartment.



I didn't fully put the crib bedding on since I still have to wash it, but I put it on there just to get an idea of what it is going to look like. Jonathan and I were thinking that we would get some vinyl art to put on the wall as decoration. Maybe a tree over the crib with some animals in it since we don't want to paint the walls in our apartment. The hutch will be our changing table too as soon as we get a changing pad to put on it, and I'll put some decorations and organizational bins on the shelves as well. I'm not really known for my decorating skills, but I feel like I have a little bit of a vision for the room :).

Today is the 33 week mark of the pregnancy, and I can't believe that I will be term in 4 weeks! Jonathan and I watched a childbirth video the other day, and they had an amazing ability to put a pleasant twist on such a scary experience. At one point they were talking about active labor and said that this would be the point where the woman may say "shhh...please do not talk right now." lol. I have a feeling that women are not that kind when in the depths of a natural birth. I've almost reached that point where I'm about ready to complete this whole pregnancy experience with the increasing discomfort, but I am terrified of what you have to go through in order for the pregnancy to be over. Each day on my way to work I've been giving myself pep talks that women have done it for thousands of years and have not died from the pain haha. I also had a chance to talk to my friend Ashley tonight about it. She had her daughter, Skylar, naturally without any pain meds. She gives an honest account of what it'll be like, but she motivates me that it's worth it!

In the mean time, we continue practicing our parenting skills with our oldest child, Izzy :). We borrowed my brother and sister-in-law's Yukon to move the nursery furniture, and Izzy took her place in a booster seat for the ride. Safety first!
How far along: 33 weeks
Maternity clothes: Always
Sleep: I've been waking up a lot more throughout the night to switch positions, but I feel like I've been sleeping pretty well still.
Movement: There are definitely slower days and really busy days, but it's mostly rolling and poking.
Cravings: None really this week. I had a cold, and it kind of stole my appetite a little bit.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nothing serious, just Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in our out? In, but my pregnancy application on my phone said the pop out is around the corner. We'll see...
What I miss: Alternative sleeping positions and working out without feeling like I'm an asthma patient.
What am I looking forward to? I've really been thinking a lot lately about what he is going to look like and if he'll favor me or Jonathan more. I'm really looking forward to meeting him!
Weekly Wisdom: I need to bring a chair to work so when I go out on calls I have something to sit on. Standing for several hours on end is getting a bit too difficult.
Milestones: Getting our nursery furniture and setting it up in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment