Tuesday, May 6, 2014

20-Week Update

I had my 20-week anomaly ultrasound yesterday, May 5th, when I was 19 weeks, 6 days.  I was able to get a babysitter so that Jonathan and I could go by ourselves, which is always nice!  We were even able to stop for a quick breakfast/coffee break together at Starbucks before he went to work and I went back home!!  Everything looked good, and we got our confirmation that we are definitely having a girl!  Even though the office I went to at almost 15 weeks said it was a girl with 99% certainty, I have not made any moves to throw out/donate boy items until I heard it from my doctor a little later in the pregnancy.  I feel like mistakenly thinking the baby is a girl is much more likely than being wrong about a boy :).
The ultrasound body measurements found an approximate age of 20 weeks, 1 day, pretty much right on target since the ultrasound it +/- a few days.  They said she weighs approximately 12 oz., which is about 48th percentile.  The ultrasound tech had trouble getting pictures of everything, because she literally did not stop moving the entire time.  Her limbs were all over the place, and she kept flipping in different directions.  She had to go back for second and third attempts on a few things.  

I had my actual 20-week appointment with my doctor this morning since she didn't work yesterday.  They baby's heart rate was 152 bpm, and my stomach measured 20.5 cm.  I'm so thankful that everything is looking great and right on target.

How far along: 20-weeks
Sleep: I haven't really gotten to the point of being uncomfortable yet.  I love sleeping on my back and stomach, so I'm just trying to get used to side sleeping again.  I still always wake up on my back.
Best moment of the week:  Jonathan was able to feel movement.  On April 24th he could feel movement when he pressed his cheek against my stomach.  On May 2nd he could feel movement with his hand.  For some reason his cheek has always felt movement sooner than his hand :).
Movement:  Movement is definitely increasing.  I thought I could feel movement in the 14th week, but I was sure at exactly 15 weeks.  At this point I can feel movement regularly, and it's getting a lot stronger each day.
Cravings:  Nothing in particular really…I just like to eat!
Gender: A GIRL!  We had the gender ultrasound at 14 weeks, 6 days that said it was 99% certain of a girl.  I waited until my anomaly ultrasound on 5/5/14 where they confirmed girl before purging any boy items, though :).
Labor Signs: None
What I miss: Nothing really.
What I’m looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to when Jackson can feel movement when he touches my stomach.  I know it's going to be a while, but he always says it's 'his' baby or that he also has a baby in his tummy.  He's definitely more aware of this pregnancy than with Owen, so it'll be fun for him to feel movement.  I'm also looking forward to cleaning out closets of our boy items and making the switch over into girl mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment