Monday, May 5, 2014

The Blessing of my MOPS Table

My MOPS table has been truly amazing this year.  Not only has it been a great break to sit around with other women twice a month without children to connect, but our table has been really close.  One of the most special moments of this year has been when my table threw Jonathan and me a gender reveal party.  When I was 14 weeks, 6 days some of the girls at my table came up with the idea to go to an office where they do gender and 3D/4D ultrasounds for $25.  I went with one of the girls from my table while another watched my boys, and my friend took the gender results without me looking at the screen.  About a week later they threw us a gender reveal party where we cut open a cake to find out what we will be having.  They took a video of it, but here is a picture of a piece of the cake:
Jonathan and I were both genuinely surprised to find out that we will be having a GIRL!  We both felt confident that we would be the parents of 3 boys, and we were never hoping for a particular gender.  It took the entire weekend for me to wrap my mind around having a girl, and I had fun looking at girl items online to decorate a girl's room :).  

Part of MOPS this year was a competition for points where your table could earn points for different get togethers, service projects, questions asked at MOPS, etc.  Our table won the competition, and our prize was to go to the premiere of the movie Mom's Night Out at the Chinese Theatre.  Our table rented a limo for the drive up to LA, and we went to dinner at one of the restaurants in the Roosevelt Hotel before going to the premiere.  We then attended the movie and after party.

The first picture before I left the house was me at 19 weeks:
It was a great night, but I was so tired.  I was yawning by 9:30pm haha.  I got back to the house at around 12:45am, and that was a late night for moms of little kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment